What We Do
The Coalition for Science Literacy (CSL) works as a center for driving positive, innovative change that advances the well-being of society by igniting and fostering lifelong learning opportunities for K-12 educators and students. We are funded through numerous mechanisms, including grants and contracts. We work with federal, state, and local agencies, as well as nongovernmental and community organizations. Our work touches the lives of learners of all ages throughout Florida and the nation. We achieve our mission by:
- Engaging in research that has real-world impact at local, national, and international levels.
- Developing and delivering curricula and resources that transform learning and assessment for K-12 educators and students.
- Promoting critical thinking, communication, and STEM skills to enable individuals and organizations to cope with accelerating change and diversity in an increasingly complex world.
- Engaging in sustainable collaborative relationships that promote a holistic approach to enhancing the well-being of our constituents.
- Promoting the development of emerging and experienced educational and community leaders of all ages throughout the region.
CSL continues to evolve as we address advances in educational strategies, technology, and the needs of our partners and constituents.